After the volatile start of the year for many asset classes, trends turned in the middle of February. Since then it has largely been a one-way move. So, where do we stand now? In this post we review the current trend phase situation among asset classes. For details check the Trend Phase Report.
- The main concentration of asset classes is now found in the Strength and Bull Phases, 71% in total. Merely 14% are in the weaker phases.
- Commodities are mostly in Recovery or Strength. CO Precious Metals have trended strongly – currently in the Bull Phase.
- Emerging Markets equities have moved into Recovery and Strength Phases. US equities are somewhat stronger.
- Fixed-Income is mostly split between Bull and Warning, FI US High-Yield lagging some.
You are welcome to contact us to discuss implications of the current trend situation. Send a note to Ulf Björkman.
Turning the corner of another month, we review the current Trend Phases among asset classes.
- The concentration to the Bear Phase of late has decreased significantly during the last month – now standing at 23%.
- Commodities are still depressed.
- Emerging Markets equities have to a large extent moved into Recovery Phase, with US equities somewhat stronger.
- Fixed-Income is toppling – in Warning or Weakness.
For details check the Trend Phase Report.
Given the recent market turmoil, we check the current Trend Modes among asset classes.
- The majority of asset classes are now in Bear Mode – amounting to 61%.
- Emerging Markets equities are particularly depressed.
- A few US Fixed-Income asset classes are in Bull Mode.
For details view the Trend Mode Report.
- The Bull Mode concentration is still high at 55%.
- Emerging Markets equities have all left the Bear.
- Fixed-Income asset classes are generally in Bull Mode, despite a year of decreasing US QE support.
For details check the Trend Mode Report.
Multiple new entrants in ‘Warning’ Mode and FI US Corporates joining other Fixed-Income asset classes in ‘Bear’ Mode. For details see the Trend Mode Report.