After the recent rout among multiple asset classes we provide a snap-shot of the current trend status.
- The Bear Phase concentration is significantly high. The current reading is 80%. Only Fixed Income US and EU Govt are in Strength or Bull Phases. For details check the Trend Phase Report.
- In terms of overbought/oversold situations, the most oversold asset classes are CO Energy, EQ US Mid Cap Value and EQ EM Latin America. No asset class is currently in overbought territory. View the current situation in the Overbought/Oversold Report.
- Checking the Indicator Dashboard, the picture is apparent of highly short-term trending asset classes. In general, the trend indicator have high readings – many cases above 2.0. What is also noteworthy is the negative long-term momentum for all asset classes.
Contact Ulf Björkman for a view of the implications.
Given the recent market turmoil, we check the current Trend Modes among asset classes.
- The majority of asset classes are now in Bear Mode – amounting to 61%.
- Emerging Markets equities are particularly depressed.
- A few US Fixed-Income asset classes are in Bull Mode.
For details view the Trend Mode Report.
We look at the current trend status among asset classes at the halfway point of 2014.
- The Bull Mode concentration is persistently high. The current reading is 73%. No pure beta asset class is either in Weakness or Bear Mode. For details check the Trend Mode Report.
- Even though a majority of the asset classes are in Bull Mode, the trend strength is not particularly short-term extended. View the current situation in the Overbought/Oversold Report.
- Turning to volatility, the Variance Risk Premium report for EQ US Large Caps shows a situation of “Caution” among equity investors. However, digging deeper, the cautionary stance is more a result of seriously low realized volatility as opposed to elevated implied volatility.
- The Bull Mode concentration is still high at 55%.
- Emerging Markets equities have all left the Bear.
- Fixed-Income asset classes are generally in Bull Mode, despite a year of decreasing US QE support.
For details check the Trend Mode Report.
Given the recent geopolitical tensions, how are various asset classes reacting? Multiple asset classes within Emerging Markets have left Bear mode, moving into Recovery and Strength. For details view the Trend Mode Report.
In view of the recent sell-off in many asset classes, what is the current trend situation? For details check the Trend Mode Report.
A number of asset classes, e.g. US Real Estate, are leaving Bear Mode and moving into Recovery. For details see the Trend Mode Report.
Multiple new entrants in ‘Warning’ Mode and FI US Corporates joining other Fixed-Income asset classes in ‘Bear’ Mode. For details see the Trend Mode Report.
Multiple new entrants in ‘Bear’ Mode among asset classes. For details see the Trend Mode Report.
CO Agriculture has entered Bear Mode. For details, check the Trend Mode Report.